certification web application security testing wasd
NOTE: WASD Certificate Exam will be available Globally in October 2017 with PearsonVUE proctored Test Centres
Web Application Security Defender (WASD)
Learn to Detect, Test & Mitigate Web Security Attacks
Globally Available | Proctored | 180 mins | 90 MCQ | Passing Grade: 60%
Web Application Security Defender (WASD) Certificate program evaluates individual's implementation level skills required for Web Application Security Assessment. This program ensures candidate's awareness on Application Security Challenges, Risk, Tools, Techniques and methodologies along with hands-on practical level knowledge and skill-sets.
WASD is based on Application Security Industry Standards and Best Practices and ensures Knowledge and Understanding of Secure Web Application Assessment requirements. It walks through different phases/domains of Application Security Testing and provide required practical strategies and methodologies to evaluate Security at every level.
WASD program helps you by,
- Validates your practical expertise and knowledge in Web Application Security Assessment
- Get Global Recognition and Credibility
- Ensures Real Time skills required to handle Web Application Security Risk
- Demonstrate knowledge of Industry Standards and Best Practices
- Ensures effective skills to measure and implement Security Controls
Who needs to obtain WASD Certification?
- Security Team/Office
- Security Engineers and Testers
- Application/Software Security Analyst
- Application/Software Penetration Testers
- Security Managers
- Consultants, Auditors
- Research & Development Team
- Architects, Developers
- Software Testing Team (QA)
- Software Consultants, Research Engineers
- Team Leads, Technical Managers
- Looking to pursue career in Web Application Security Assessment/Testing
- Who wants to explore Web Application Security Testing Tools, Techniques and Practices
|Length of Exam||180 minutes|
|Number of Questions||90|
|Question Format||Multiple Choice|
|Passing Grade||60% [600 out of 1000 points]|
|Testing Center||PearsonVUE Authorized Testing Center|
|Renew||After every 4 Years|
- WASD exams are proctored and delivered globally through Pearson Vue proctored test centers
- WASD Exam attempt must be scheduled at-least 24 hrs in advance. It will be activated in your Hack2Secure's account according to terms of your purchase.
- Details on delivery along with Registration confirmation will be sent over Email on confirmation of payment.
- This exam is delivered online through a standard Web Browser.
** Refer Candidate Reference Guide for Detailed Exam Objectives
Module#1: Introduction to Web Application Security
The candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge on Web Application Security and Testing methodologies along with understanding of Assessment Tools. Understanding and Best Practices for HTTP and HTTPS protocol.
Module#2: Gathering Information
The Candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge about Reconnaissance (Web) using both Active and Passive methods. Exploring Google and Public Sources for Information Leakage. Scanning and Fingerprinting Server for Services, Configurations and Implementation flaws.
Module#3: Authentication, Authorization & Accountability
The Candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge about Authentication, Authorization and Accountability, related Security concerns and best practices.
Module#4: Session Management
The Candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge about Web Session, related Attributes, Security Flaws and Best Practices.
Module#5: Injection Attacks
The Candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge about Command Injection, Local & Remote File Inclusion Vulnerabilities. SQL Injection Attack and Testing methods.
Module#6: Cross Site Scripting
The Candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge about Cross Site Scripting (XSS) attacks and testing methods. AJAX and JSON Security Concerns
Module#7: Web Application Filters & Firewall
The Candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding knowledge about Web Application Filters & Firewalls, their testing and bypassing techniques.
** Refer Candidate Reference Guide for Detailed Exam Objectives
Hack2Secure exams are delivered in a proctored environment via PearsonVUE. The time limit for WASD Exam is 180 minutes. The steps to obtain this certification is described as below:
1. Obtain Required Skills
Once you have decided to get WASD Certification, you can start the preparation for the same. No specific training is required for this Certification. One can opt for any available source of information for required certification syllabus/topics.
Hack2Secure's WASD Workshop is another option to get trained by Industry Experts.
2. Register and Schedule the Exam
Once you have acquired the required skill sets for WASD exam, then you can book or schedule the exam. Hack2Secure Exams needs to be scheduled at-least 24 hrs in advance of the day you wish to test.
- Create an account at Pearson Vue by providing required information
- Schedule an Exam at your preferred Testing Location
- Submit Examination Fee
Confirmation on paid Examination Fee and Exam appointment will be sent over Email
3. Write & Pass the Exam
Once the exam is been scheduled, Candidate needs to visit the testing location half an hour before the scheduled exam time with two forms of Government approved ID proofs. Follow the procedure and appear for the exam.
Pass the WASD exam with a scaled score of 60% or greater. Your result (pass/fail) will be shown on your screen immediately after you've completed your exam. And the detailed score report can be collect from the test administrator. Make sure that you keep records of your score report with your exam registration number
In case you have not Passed the exam with required points, review your exam report properly in order to find out which areas need improvement. Refer Hack2Secure Exam Retake Policy to re-appear for exam
4. Get Certified
Once you have completed the exam successfully, you will get to see the Exam Report immediately on the screen and you get a copy of the same. However your certificate copy will be provided to you within 7-10 day after your examination date on your registered Email.
5. Maintain your Certification
Once you have received the Certificate, It will be valid for the next 4 years from the date of issue. After 4 years you will need to renew the Certificate again in order to keep it valid.
WASD Certification [Reference Guide]
Take WASD Exam via Pearson VUE